IWD Event: “Gender Equality for a Sustainable Economy”
Date: 8 March 2017
Location: University of Greenwich, Queen Anne Court room QA065
“Gender Equality for a Sustainable Economy”: Panelists on this International Women’s Day discussion include editors and contributors to a new book, ‘Economics and Austerity in Europe: Gendered impacts and sustainable alternatives’ which argues;
“The full impact of austerity policies across Europe is still being assessed, but it is clear that their gendered impacts have been consistently severe, structural and manifold. They have also been, until now, under-researched and under-estimated.”
- Prof. Diane Elson (University of Essex, WBG)
- Heather Wakefield (Unison, Head of Local Government)
- Prof Ozlem Onaran (University of Greenwich, GPERC)
- Dr Hannah Bargawi (SOAS)
- Dr Giovanni Cozzi (University of Greenwich, GPERC)
- Dr Jerome de Henau (Open University, WBG)
This event is co-organised by GPERC, Women’s Budget Group and FEPS.
If you would like to join, please RSVP on Eventbrite.