We are currently recruiting a Treasurer. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious, motivated and determined organisation and a dedicated Management Committee. The role of the treasurer is to monitor the financial administration of the organisation and report to the Management Committee at regular intervals on the state of its financial health, in line with best practice and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements. A full role description can be found below.
Please note this is an unpaid appointment. As an organisation which values diversity, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you are interested in the role or simply want to chat to someone about it in more detail then drop us an email at email@example.com
TREASURER ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Women’s Budget Group is an independent not-for-profit company limited by guarantee that monitors the impact of government policies on men and women. We scrutinise government policy from a gender perspective, developing policies for a more gender equal future and building the capacity of women and women’s groups to participate in economic debates. We are a network of leading feminist economists, researchers, policy experts and campaigners committed to achieving a more gender equal future. We have worked towards this since 1989.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Treasurer is to support the Management Committee (Directors) in exercising oversight of the Finances of the WBG. The Treasurer will have particular regard to ensuring:
- Sound financial policies and procedures are in place governing expenditure
- The bank account is administered properly
- Compliance with HMRC and Pension legislation
- Compliance with regard to Annual Financial Reporting
- That the strategic plan of the WBG is underpinned by its funds and income and expenditure forecast
- That there is a clear audit trail of expenditure against funds provided for restricted purposes.
Responsibility for day to day financial management is delegated to the Director and the WBG outsources financial administration to a specialist company (currently Excluserv).
In order to fulfil the above, the Treasurer must:
- Be a full or co-opted member of the WBG Management Committee
- Attend the WBG Management Committee Meetings; and ensure that Members are fully informed on the financial position of the WBG
- Take part in discussions and meetings with regard to strategy when necessary
- Support the Chair and Director in implementing agreed strategy, informing and advising them of financial aspects as necessary
- Oversee the cash flow forecast
- Be the key contact with the WBG’s Bankers. Be a signatory to the Bank Account
- Oversee the bookkeeping and financial reporting of the WBG by managing an outsourced contract as agreed by the management committee
- Ensure all transactions raised for payment are correct and paid to the correct entity, including Payroll transactions
- Liaise with the selected Payroll administrator in regard to salaries, pension payments and tax obligations for employees
- Manage the production of the Financial Statements to be included with the Annual Report of the WBG for filing at Companies House. Ensure this is compliant with financial legislation and that it is reviewed by an external party.
Women’s Budget Group Management Committee