Feminist Green New Deal – Call for Tenders – Housing
Date Posted: Thursday 1st April 2021
UK Feminist Green New Deal Policy Papers
The Women’s Budget Group is commissioning a series of policy papers to inform the discussion on how to ensure that gender equality is at the core of the plans to decarbonise the UK economy.
Our first round of discussions will focus on urban planning: transport, housing, and local communities.
Future themes will include green jobs and the future of work, investing in the care sector, social security and well-being, money & banking, diversity and democracy, among others.
Call for tenders: Rethinking Housing Supply and Design – policy paper
We are currently seeking an experienced researcher to write a policy paper with a focus on rethinking housing supply and design in a zero-carbon economy that is inclusive, accessible and designed with the needs of women in mind.
The paper should cover the following in a UK-wide approach:
- Short overview of current gendered inequities in housing affordability, access, usage and design in both private renting and home ownership;
- Innovative solutions to affordable, sustainable, equitable housing (such as co-housing, community-led housing, common ground trusts);
- Housing design that addresses and aims to balance gendered practices, patterns and roles in the home (for example in in unpaid work/care) and meets the needs of diverse women;
- Housing design that centres efficient resource usage, for example adequate space for storing recyclables, sharing tools and appliances between neighbours;
- Housing design that transforms the way we care for communities, e.g. co-locating carers and people requiring care.
We are looking for a short (10 pages) exploratory paper which focus on policy solutions. The first version of the paper will inform the roundtable discussion on 23 June 2021 and updated afterwards.
This is a paid consultant job.
To apply please send us a bulleted outline of how you would structure the paper, along with your CV with relevant experience (acquired in a professional, voluntary or academic capacity), and a written sample of your work (relating to the subject if applicable) by no later than 20 April 2021 to email@example.com.
We will inform the successful author by 27 April.
For a discussion about the paper and process please contact the project lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Feminist Green New Deal project
The Feminist Green New Deal project is in collaboration with the Women’s Environmental Network. Over 2 years, the project will seek to build support for an intersectional feminist green new deal in the UK; engaging environmental, women’s, racial and social justice organisations. It will do this by holding a series of roundtables, publishing policy papers (WBG), leading grassroots workshops (WEN), webinars and an event at COP26 in November 2021.
Read our draft roadmap for a Feminist Green New Deal here.