Notice: Autumn Financial Statement viewing
WBG members will be meeting on Wednesday 3rd December at 12.00pm to watch the Autumn Financial Statement and brainstorm a press release and draw up an outline of the main points that we will stress in the WBG’s response.
We will be meeting at the Gender Institute at the LSE, located in the Columbia House building of the campus(map)
All WBG members are welcome to attend the viewing.
However, space at the Gender Insdtitute is limited, so if you plan on attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
Who are the UK Women’s Budget Group? What do we do?
Watch this video to find out more…
Worried that economic recovery is not including women?
Want to ensure that not only do women get a fair share of the famous faces on banknotes, but that women also get a fair share of the banknotes?
Women’s Budget Group assessments of UK economic and social policy
- put the facts at your fingertips
- show the impact of government taxation and expenditure on women’s everyday lives: access to money, jobs, public services
- identify policies that are supportive of gender equality and women’s rights
Women’s Budget Group
- is an independent voluntary organization bringing together over 200 researchers, policy experts and activists
- members include academics, trade unionists, and people who work for non-governmental organizations
Read our assessments
Use them in campaigning for economic policy that supports women’s rights
Get involved in our work – you can join us by filling in this form.