Commission Media Coverage
PEP Talk Podcast - Gender Equality
Commissioner Dr Angela O’Hagan appeared on the Wales Centre for Pubic Policy podcast talking about the recent report she wrote for them on gender budgeting, and referencing the work of the Commission.
‘Susan Sontag, Feminist economics, Waad-al-Kateab’ Commissioner Dr Zubaida Haque and WBG Director Mary-Ann Stephens appear on BBC Women’s hour to talk about intersectionality in feminist economics, marking the 30th anniversary of both the WBG and the concept of intersectionality. They promoted the work of the Commission and the panel discussion the WBG hosted on the topic of intersectionality in feminist economics. You can watch a recording of the panel discussion here.
‘Women bearing brunt of UK economic problems, new study finds’
This piece discusses the findings of the RSA’s report From Precarity to Empowerment: Women and the Future of Work, one of several policy papers commissioned by the Commission to inform our work. You can view the report and the other papers we have commissioned here.
- Final CGEE report – Creating a Caring Economy: A Call to Action
- Executive Summary
- 1. Re-envision what we mean by ‘the economy’
- 2. Invest in social and physical infrastructure
- 3. Transform the worlds of paid and unpaid work
- 4. Invest in a caring social security system which is based on dignity and autonomy
- 5. Transform the tax systems across the UK
- 6. Refocus the overall fiscal and monetary policy framework to build a caring economy
- 7. Work to develop a global trade system that is socially and environmentally sustainable
- 8. Work to transform the international economic and financial system
- Commission Publications
- Inputs to the Commission
- Commission Media Coverage
- Commission Blog