Call for Papers – 3rd Annual Early Career Network Conference
Date Posted: Tuesday 13th July 2021
Feminist Futures: Reimagining Global Climate Justice
For the 3rd Annual Early Career Network conference, Feminist Futures: Reimagining Global Climate Justice, we invite ECN members (students, academics, civil servants, voluntary workers, or third-sector researchers) who are engaging with ideas rooted in (feminist) environmental justice to present their research on 28 October 2021 virtually, via Remo. Click here to find out more about the conference.
This theme invites academics to consider a host issues, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Transforming social structures while ‘greening’ our economy
- Addressing gendered power relations and potential unintended consequences of gender-blind Green New Deal plans
- Exploring themes linked to feminist solidarity and the power of women-led collective action to address climate change, at global, national and local levels
- Centring more care-based forms of ‘sustainability’ in green transition plans
- Challenging neo-liberal extractivist capitalist solutions
This is a dedicated space for early-career researchers to present their research, including students. We particularly welcome submissions from communities under-represented in academia and policymaking, including women, people of colour, disabled people, working-class people and people from the LGBT+ community.
Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words in the form below before 5pm Monday 9 August. Authors of successful papers will be informed by late-August. We welcome submissions from projects at any stage of the research process!